The Americans with Disabilities Act provides individuals with hearing loss a FREE captioned telephone. My favorite is the CapTel Captioned Telephone. It is my favorite landline phone for individuals with hearing loss for the following reasons:
1. You get professional installation and setup of your CapTel Phone.
2. You can adjust the font size of the letters so you can see them better.
3. You can increase the volume of the handset to make it more audible. You can also adjust the low and high frequencies to give you more clarity on the phone.
4. You can use it on speakerphone and even add an external speaker to make it louder.
5. You can Bluetooth sound to your hearing aids with a Bluetooth Streamer.
6. It captions your voicemails so you can read them in addition to listening to them.
7. It stores contacts with photos for easy calling and caller ID.
How do you get a CapTel Captioned Telephone?
1. Call a hearing care professional
2. Have your hearing tested3. Request a CapTel phone4. Wait for CapTel to call you to schedule installation and training.5. Regain you ability to communicate confidently on the phone.