HearingTracker.com indicated in a survey that 70% of hearing aid users would prefer a rechargeable hearing aid. All 6 Major manufacturers have developed a rechargeable hearing aid option. However, Phonak has taken it a step further.
The Phonak Audeo BR hearing aid uses Lithium Ion rechargeable battery technology instead of Nickel Metal Hydride or Silver Zinc batteries.
1. Battery Life - 24 hours on one charge leads the industry
2. Quick Charging - 6 hours of battery life on a 30 minute charge
3. Charger Accessories - The charger has the ability to double as a hearing aid dehydrator, and also has a power pack that you can travel with for 7 additional charges.
4. Works with other Phonak Accessories - If you have a ComPilot 2, TvLink 2, or a Roger Pen, you can still use them with these devices.
5. Lifespan of Lithium Batteries - Lithium Ion Batteries last 4 years as opposed to 1 year for other rechargeable options.6. Sleek Design - If you want a sleek looking hearing aid, this is your device.
1. On/Off Button - You have to turn the device on when taking it out of the charger. If you want rechargeable so you don't have to fumble with batteries, having to press a button doesn't help.
2. Can't use disposable - If you run out of battery while at dinner, you can't use disposable batteries. Either recharge or nothing.
3. Thickness - These devices are a little thicker so if you don't have enough space behind your ears, it could be a problem.
Remember to make sure that you receive Real Ear Measures with any hearing aid you get.