Dr. Cliff Olson, founder of Applied Hearing Solutions in Anthem Arizona, discusses some of the most common reasons that individuals hate their hearing aids.
5. You are wearing the Wrong Hearing Aids - The selection of the right hearing aids is critical to your success with them. You can't choose the wrong hearing aids and expect to perform well with them.
4. You Don't use Assistive Listening Devices - ALDs are a great way to improve your hearing, particularly in background noise. They can reduce background noise significantly compared to hearing aids alone.
3. Your Hearing Aids are Malfunctioning - Hearing aids cannot produce quality sound if they are not functioning properly. A Hearing Care Professional can perform a diagnostic check on your devices to see if they are meeting manufacturer specifications. If they don't they will need to be repaired.
2. You Don't see your Hearing Care Professional Regularly - It shocks me when I hear that a hearing aid user hasn't seen their hearing care professional in years. Preventative maintenance is what will keep you performing better for longer without having to buy new hearing aids.
1. You Never received Real Ear Measures - This is the single best way to ensure your hearing aids perform their best. Unfortunately, only 30% of hearing care professionals use them on a regular basis. You need to demand that you receive this service or find another hearing care professional who does use them. Not sure what they are, check out my Real Ear Measures Video - https://youtu.be/cHR0Oa6I-wY